The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- About Us
This website (https://western-agency.com/) is owned and operated by Western Agency Inc, a company registered in the State of North Dakota, USA with the official mailing address as 408 20th Ave SW #101 Minot, ND 58701
Your privacy is important and we’re committed to protecting it as described by the GDPR law (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) in England as well as the CAN-SPAM law in effect in the United States of America.
Unless the context otherwise requires, in this Agreement the following expressions shall have the meanings set out below:-
“Affiliate” means organizations which we partner, work or associate with;
For the purposes of Section 13 a subscriber is defined as an “Active Subscriber” and will remain so for a period of 360 days if they open an email from Western Agency Inc or attend a Western Agency Inc event.
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Due to the type of data we collect and the nature of our business we currently have no legal requirement to have a DPO for our business. However, we do have a privacy promise to our clients and can answer concerns regarding the data we hold about you. Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information we collect about You and How we use it
When you register on our website we may collect your name, address, email address, contact number and other contact details and content preference information. This allows us to process your registration.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it and have consented to this. Example: needs, allergies, medical information in case of emergency
We do collect some information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites, and use and navigate around them so we can improve the sites. We obtain some information from google analytics and Facebook. The Facebook information provided is limited and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share.
- What we do with your Information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including
- To process your orders and provide our services, events or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
- For administration purposes which means we may contact you for reason related to events or services ordered or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance if your subscription is about to expire to ask if you wish to renew it or if an online account has become dormant to ask if you wish to retain the account before we close it.
- To provide personalized communications.
- Where we provide personalized services, we may analyze the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so we can offer a more relevant, tailored service.
- A certain amount of advertising is tailored to the individual based on viewing and/or purchase habits. This is a common practice known as online behavioral advertising. You can find out more in “what is online behavioral advertising.”
- We may show you relevant advertising on third party sites. See section 7 (on marketing)
- To contact you about a submission you have made including any content you provide.
- We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, personalize content and emails, and allow access to paywall protected content.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and events offered.
- We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold but the main impacts may be:
- We may not be able to process or fully process your order.
- We may not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding our events/services provided.
- We may not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
- We cannot personalize the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
- We won’t be able to limit online adverts to products or services you have shown interest in and so you may receive adverts that mean nothing to you and are not related to your interests.
Withholding marketing consent. You are free to do this at any time. It will only stop you from receiving marketing. It will not impact any other service/events we provide you with.
- Will You be contacted for Marketing Purposes?
We use your personal information to update you about new products/services by post and email. We will only contact you with your consent. You will provide this either when you fill in a form to provide your data, by signing up for a newsletter, selecting your preferences in your online account or when you call us.
We may personalize the message content based on information you provide us with, purchases you make and your use of our website.
We may use information that we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a Western Agency account and/or have used our products and services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from us, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in the future. If you want to stop personalized services from us, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites you can do so by amending your preferences.
You are entitled to withhold this consent and opt-out from receiving such communications at any time by not giving your consent on the form (paper or web) that collects your details or telling the operator when you call. You can also update these options by logging into your account (if you have one) and adjusting your preferences, contacting us by email at email@example.com. We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us, each time we send them to you.
- What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for events or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery, etc.
- Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a product e.g. a product recall.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in the businesses’ interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the events and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which events are popular with which groups of individuals.
- Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
- Sharing your Information with Third Parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with our events and services. These third-party providers include payment processors, providers of card validation services, credit referencing providers, third party sales processors (includes fulfillment services) and service providers who assist us with hosting our marketing/advertising campaigns. They do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf. These third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area; however, we only use providers that provide adequate protection for your information at all times.
When transferring any personal information outside the EEA we only do so under one of the legally recognized transfer mechanisms for ensuring the data is safeguarded. These are:
- The country in question has been deemed safe for data transfer by the European Commission. Also known as an adequacy finding.
- The contract for data processing contains the standard contractual clauses laid down by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer of personal data.
- Binding corporate rules – this is where a large company’s own internal processes for international data transfer have been signed-off and agreed by the European Commission as safeguarding the data.
- Western Agency Inc is a legal entity doing business in the USA. Data going to the USA it can be safely transferred to a company that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Appropriate certification schemes
We will not provide your data to other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to this when you first provided your data to us. You are entitled to withhold this consent and opt-out from receiving such third party communications at any time by not giving your consent on the form (paper or web) that collects your details. You can also update these options by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies [and web browser information]
- What if I am aged under 16?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to this website.
- How we protect your Information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage, use, and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the GDPR and CAN-SPAM data protection legislation. These include access control, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping any confidential passwords or other login or access details which you select or which we allocate to you secret. Whilst we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorized party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorized access to your login details, you must notify us at email@example.com
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser when you have finished your session.
- How long we hold your Data for
Some of the information you provide to us is necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity when signing in to use an account or providing our events and services to you or you using an online checkout. We will keep this information for as long as you remain a registered user of any of our sites and an Active Subscriber.
Some information may be required for longer periods such as financial information for HMRC in UK or IRS in USA purposes, usually a maximum of 7 years.
Western Agency, Inc and https://western-agency.com does not retain your payment card information. It is keyed directly into the payment processor’s system when you provide it.
We may retain anonymized information for analytical purposes.
- Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information which are:
- Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. This can be done by following the instructions below.
- Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent e.g. marketing. Consent can be withdrawn for some processing by updating your preferences via the link in your email You can also follow the process below.
- Obtaining a copy of your Information
You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
- Data Portability
- You are entitled to have us transfer to another controller the personal information that you have provided us with.
- Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
- Right to object to processing
You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyze your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting your normal customer service department or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Sale of the Business
Should all or part of Western Agency, Inc business be sold to or taken over by another organization, your personal information may move to that other organization as part of the sale or takeover agreement.
- Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection for clients in the UK
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via
The ICO’s website (https://ico.org.uk/concerns ), follow the links or have an online Live Chat
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the website. By continuing to use the website after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
- Contacting Us
If you have any questions about privacy, or wish to update your details or action any of your other data rights at any time, please contact us using email@example.com
Privacy statement updated 01 October 2020.